Everything You Need to Know About Concrete Mixer
Are you someone starting a construction project? Do you need a quick and efficient way to produce fresh concrete?
Then, a concrete mixer can help you in making fresh concrete. The concrete mixer makes fresh concrete mix using water, cement and other aggregates. The work of a concrete mixer is to make the desired consistency of concrete workable for a particular project.
You can use a concrete mixer to make the mixture instead of using labour. The equipment is more efficient and cheaper. You can benefit from a concrete mixer in many ways.
If you are not familiar with the perks of using a concrete mixer, don't worry. We will discuss in detail the advantages of the equipment, the different types of concrete mixers available and how you can save money by renting a concrete mixer.
What are the Benefits Of Using a Concrete Mixer?
Many construction project supervisors usually hire labour to make concrete or use a readymade concrete mix. Both options, however, are not as feasible or effective as a concrete mixer. Let us see why it is better to go for a concrete mixer:
- Cost-effective: The concrete mixer is more feasible as you only need to put the materials inside it to get concrete. On the other hand, hiring labour for work is more expensive as the cost of wages will be more than operating the equipment. You would need more workers if your project is large-scale. Therefore, the cost of making concrete will increase by hiring more workers. The readymade mix is also not affordable, especially for small-scale projects with limited budgets—the cost of acquiring readymade mix as it comes in bulk in a concrete mixer truck.
- Desired Consistency: The mixer combines the cement with water and aggregates perfectly. Labours may not create the desired consistency of the product.
- High-quality Concrete: Choosing a concrete mixer allows you to monitor the quality of the concrete. The quality of the concrete is on top as you are the one choosing the type of materials to put in the equipment. However, it is difficult to check on the quality of the concrete mix, which comes in readymade form from a supplier.
- No Wastage: You will get a limited output from using a concrete mixer in one turn. Knowing how much concrete you get from operating a concrete mixer at once allows you to calculate the number of times you need to use equipment to obtain the desired quantity. This way, you are not wasting any product on the site, thus ensuring no unnecessary losses.
The points mentioned above highlight the advantages of using a concrete mixer. The concrete mixer comes in two types. You can distinguish between the two types of mixers on the basis of which energy sources they operate.
If you want to know the options available in a concrete mixer, keep reading further.
Types of Concrete Mixers
- Concrete Mixer Electric: This type of concrete mixer operates on electricity. It is best for sites where there is a power supply nearby.
- Concrete Mixer Petrol: This equipment operates on petrol. It is ideal for remote sites where arranging an electric power supply is difficult.
We have seen the options you can avail for your construction project. Choosing the type of concrete mixer depends upon which source is more accessible at the site. If you want to incorporate a concrete mixer in your project, you should go for a rental instead of buying.
But why hire equipment instead of buying?
Keep on reading further to know the reason.
Why is Renting a Concrete Mixer a Better Choice?
The following points display why hiring a concrete mixer is a smart choice:
- Expenses According to Use: If you buy a concrete mixer, the purchasing cost will be quite high, affecting the project's finances greatly. On the other hand, renting equipment reduces operating expenses as the money spent depends on how long you use the equipment. You can easily calculate the cost of renting the equipment by searching Concrete Mixer Rent per Day.
- Flexibility in Using Funds: Selecting renting options allows you to be flexible with finances. The cost of renting is much lower than buying, which allows one to allocate the funds to other resources or activities.
If you are looking for a reasonable option that allows you to be more budget-friendly while keeping good output, go for Equipment Hire in Adelaide. If you want quality equipment at a reasonable rental rate, contact All Equipment Hire.